Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011



I had a truly wonderful Mother's Day. I count myself very lucky that I have a husband who pitches in daily to all the house and child duties, so I never feel like I get to be "on" or "off". But Dave definitely made sure my day started out right with an extra hour of sleep while he and Sophia read books.

Then, we headed off to the MOM's Run down the street from us. It's a 5k run that goes right through our neighborhood.

Dave decided that he wanted to run with both Sophia and our friend Morgan's daughter Frances (who he pushed in a St. Patrick's day race while I was in London) so we borrowed a double stroller and off we went. It was a total win win because he got a great workout and I got to race and enjoy a little "Michele" time.

Here's a shot of the 3 of them post-race:



Before kicking off the race, though, Sophia participated in the 1k Kids race. She made it the whole way, although the allure of flashing police car lights and cute "woofs" did a good job at distracting her.

Here she is flying solo in the street: (don't worry, it was closed to traffic)


Here she is finishing up:

And finally, after some errands and a visit to Grandma Ahouse, a little snuggle time for Sophia & I:

What a great day. I'm so very lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment