Since my last post (November!! Sophia's birthday) lots has happened. I'll take it month by month, post by post.
December = Work insanity, holiday madness, 2 weeks straight home with the kids and the new year.
We survived all of it, but I definitely learned some valuable lessons:
- I'm not, and doubt ever will be, cut out to be a stay at home mom. I'm in awe of those who are. I think this recent "Letter from a working mom" really captures it on both sides.
- I love what I do. I love the interaction with my colleagues and the brain stimulation I get. I know it makes me a better parent when I get home. January 6 didn't come quick enough.
- I love my children. They are amazing, verve-filled, life embracing little humans. I learn something every day being with them. I cherish the time I get with them and need to do a better job of making the most of it. It took me a few days to figure that out.
- They eat and sleep better for the nanny then they ever will for me. And that's ok. Hanging with me and having fun is way better than doing boring things like eating and sleeping. So be it. (I type while taking deep breaths, 2 months in retrospect)
- Sometimes, letting them do what they want to do is a win for everyone.