Friday, April 29, 2011

Growing Bigger every day

Sophia is rapidly approaching her year and a half birthday and it's amazing to see how much has changed. She is learning more and more words. It's really cute to watch and listen to her have a "conversation". Mostly, it's us asking questions and her responding.

Dada, Woof, nana (banana) yes, no and nonni (the babysitter) were all her first words. Over the last month she has added:
Moo
Baa
Mama (hooray!)
Nay (for a horse)
e i e i o

She also plays a mean game of fetch with our soccer ball and also likes to help me cook in the kitchen. I make a salad every night and she loves to "help" spin the lettuce in the spinner. She is also a big helper when it comes to the laundry.



In terms of food, her recent big accomplishment is learning how to dip. She likes to dip her bread into her tzatki. (though sometimes it's just easier for her to lick the bowl the dip is being held in!) She also will happily eat anything that I am eating. The newest fascination are salt and vinegar potato chips. Yum! (but amazing that she likes them...) And, well, it often serves as conditioner for her hair too!

She also is all about her books - she is constantly grabbing ones off her shelf for me to read, though I have to say she's currently focused on some that aren't my personal favorite (Curious George goes fishing - I've got personal issues with fishing) or out-of-season ones (like Frosty the Snowman and The Mitten). But I still read them (or recite, as I think they are fully memorized by now!)

Check our next post for Easter photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment