Tuesday, July 8, 2014

16 Days of Summer: Day 9

After all of the hustle and bustle of the past week, Sunday was definitely a day of rest for us.


We had a nice low-key morning at the beach, although the storm had kicked up so much red tide it made swimming pretty unappealing. The kids didn't seem to mind though. Apparently the piled up seaweed (EW!) made great playing grounds for "baby dragons and dinosaurs." I'll take it.

I got out on a great bike ride with my local riding buddy Rob, who has whipped himself into biking shape since last year (or is it just the new tires...who knows?!) It was good to be back on the bike, especially because I haven't been on much since my accident. The racing bike has a whole different feel and handle, but it was good just the same.

After the ride, Sophia and I meandered into town to check things out and she was fascinated with the concept of "trying on" clothes in the dressing room. So, we tried on a t-shirt. And promptly put it back. :)

Dave and I were able to get a date night in with friends at Revolving Door. It was fantastic - great food and drinks and love the concept. A great end to a fantastic first week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment