Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Celebrating my Birthday

For me, celebrating my birthday is a huge deal. It has been since I was a little girl. Each year was more amazing and special than the next. As I've gotten older, and especially as a parent, my expectations of birthday have clearly shifted. Presents become more functional (A vacuum cleaner), celebrations a little tamer (in bed by 11 because I know I have to get up the next day for kids or work).

The kids, though, did a fantastic job (with a little help from our amazing nanny) of kicking off my birthday in a special way! It started off with cupcakes made by the 3 of them and a love note brought up to me at my lunch break from work (it was a work from home day) by Theo:

Clearly, the kids enjoyed the festivities too: 


The weekend brought more celebrating in Newport with friends, my parents and a whole lot of quality beach time. 
Before heading home Sunday, we managed some low-key park time and Dave caught a few of these great shots. What a way to end a weekend of celebration. 




No comments:

Post a Comment