Tuesday, July 1, 2014

16 Days of Summer Vacation: Day 3

Day 3 was what summer vacations are made of: lazy mornings, PB&Js at the beach, swimming in the ocean and dinner with friends. Sprinkle in a short run, sandy baths and a snuggly sleepover and you couldn't ask for more!

The morning got a late start when Sophia slept in until 10:30 (A result of being up till 10pm the night before playing with her little buddy during the BBQ). I was just thankful for her sleeping in to try to reenergize for a long, fun 2 weeks.

Luckily, Theo was up earlier so he and I got some special mommy-son time going into town for some Truck Hunting! It's exactly as it sounds: we walk down the street waiting for trucks to drive by. When one does, he turns to me a goes "More! More!" Rinse. Repeat. We saw a whole array, including box trucks, garbage trucks, electrical trucks and the piece de resistance - the backhoe loader! We had to circle a delivery truck that was unloading in a lot about 3 times so Theo could admire from every angle. It was so much fun hanging with my little man.

When we finally made it to the beach around 11am, we were quickly joined by friend Liz and daughter Katherine. Danielle, Sophia & Katherine bounded around in the water (more Katherine & Danielle) and in building sand castles.

A quick lunch break for Theo before he headed home to nap: 


The afternoon brought just the 2 girls and two moms hanging out: Climbing the big rock, making sand sleeping bags: 

And taking in the views (while playing Elsa & Anna): 

After a quick run and dinner for the kids, Liz & I enjoyed some kid-free time, courtesy of my fantastic husband watching all 3 kids. Dinner at Perro Salado and live music at Fastnet rounded out the adult night. The kids had a full on sleepover, including a bath that left more sand in the tub then at the beach! 

Another fantastic vacation day. 

1 comment:

  1. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
    skip bin hire Brisbane
    skip bin hire darra

    ReplyDelete